Trades NL: Building Trades of Newfoundland and Labrador is committed to providing highly trained, diverse, safe and highly productive working tradespersons to the Newfoundland and Labrador Building and Construction industry by fostering pride and professionalism in the trades through training for life-long career opportunities.
Trades NL: Building Trades of Newfoundland and Labrador will be the organization of choice for quality construction labour solutions for Government, owners and contractors in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- promoting the highest standards of health and safety practices and procedures;
- promoting education, training and apprenticeships that uphold the highest standards of certification that produce the best possible tradespersons available;
- developing long-term positive working relationships with industry partners and government to maximize the opportunity for increased market share in the building and construction trades;
- developing a more harmonious relationship between employers and employees by facilitating clear communications between the affiliated unions and industry partners;
- engaging in research, legal and public relation activities to advance the interest of affiliated unions and their members; and
- coordinating and harmonizing the activities, functions and interest of the affiliated unions in the building and construction trades.