Investing in Our Future
2021 Post-Secondary Entrance Scholarships
Trades NL understands that education is important to our members and their families and are therefore proud to offer a number of opportunities to support them financially each year.
This year, ten (10) $1,000 (CAD) university/trades scholarships will be awarded to a dependent of a Trades NL Member.
- Must be a dependent of a member of one of the 16 NL Building Trades Unions;
- A dependent would include a child, grandchild, or partner;
- A resident of Newfoundland & Labrador;
- Completed high school; and
- Enrolled full-time for the Fall 2021 academic term at a recognized post-secondary institution.
Please submit the following:
- 2021 Trades NL Post-Secondary Scholarship application form;
- Official high school transcript of your final year marks;
- Acceptance letter or enrollment confirmation from post-secondary institution;
- Two (2) letters of reference; and
- 250 words essay on one (1) of the following topics:
- The value of unionized skilled trade workers
- How can Newfoundland & Labrador, as a province, encourage and incentivize an increase of more diverse groups (I.e. women, indigenous and other minority groups) to become skilled trade workers?
- Note: Information from essays may be used by Trades NL for newsletters, advertising and digital media
Submit completed applications to: 80 Mews Place, St. John’s, NL, A1B 4M3 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of applications is Tuesday, November 16th, 2021
*Trades NL welcomes and encourages applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or local laws. Trades NL makes scholarship decisions based solely on scholarship qualifications and merit.