Bay Du Nord
- We have the capacity and world-class workforce to Build Right Here! Trades NL is heavily advocating to ensure that our government, and Equinor maximizes the Bay du Nord opportunity to its full potential.
- The Bay du Nord FPSO will be located 500 km NE of St. John’s at water depths of 650 – 1170 metres and recoverable oil has been projected to be over 1 billion barrels. The developer, Equinor, has determined that a floating production storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) will be used to extract the oil.
This project has the potential to create a significant amount of work for the people in the province, however, there are key components of the project that must be constructed in the province for that to happen.
This includes, but is not limited to
- Construction of Process and Utilities Modules;
- Matting of Constructed Modules;
- Commissioning and Startup;
- Tow-out of the FPSO, as well as a;
- Community Benefits Agreement.
This project would provide huge economic benefits for the people of the province during uncertain economic times, and our workers deserve to be given as many opportunities in Newfoundland & Labrador as possible, allowing families to stay together and our workforce to continue their training and career progression right here at home. We have a history of successfully completing projects right here in Newfoundland & Labrador i.e.:
- Terra Nova;
- White Rose;
- Hebron, and currently
- West White Rose
We’ve built upon this legacy with an increased and increasingly experienced, high-caliber, highly trained and safe workforce to complete Bay du Nord and see it leave our shores at home so it can begin its next phase in resource production.
Please engage with your local MHA and other government officials – to ensure they are aware that in order for this project to reach its full potential and return profits to communities throughout our province, they must continue to advocate for work to be constructed within our province, by our local workers.
Be professional, respectful and deliver a strong message.
Premier Andrew Furey: (709) 729-3570, email@example.com
Hon. Andrew Parsons: (709) 729-2920, firstname.lastname@example.org
List of MHAs and their contact details: assembly.nl.ca/members
SIGN OUR PETITION!
- OGM Magazine: TRADES NL: Industry Works to Ensure Bay du Nord Project Stays Local
- ‘Pretty evasive’: Equinor accused of brushing off Bay du Nord local content concerns
- CBC: Here & Now – Bay du Nord – Equinor, Provincial Government and Trades NL
- Bay du Nord project local work concerns
- Equinor trumpets potential subsea work, enhanced benefits in quest to develop Bay du Nord – Trades NL: Building the entire Bay du Nord FPSO internationally would be “economically devastating” for the province
- Executive Director of Trades NL on CBC St. John’s Morning Show speaking to importance of maximizing local building trades & construction work on the Bay du Nord Project
- Darin King, Executive Director of Trades NL talks with CBC Cross Talk on why we have the capacity to build the Bay du Nord project in province
- Debate on Bay du Nord Benefits Called for by PC Leadership Candidate
- Suncor Energy’s Terra Nova FPSO refit fails to hit targets amid questions about why work was placed overseas
- NTV: Issues & Answers – Just Transition, Trades NL’s Build Right Here Campaign – Bay du Nord
- CBC Here & Now: Trades NL & Bay du Nord
- UpStream: Trades NL kicks off campaign for major construction work on Equinor project to be carried out in Newfoundland & Labrador
- ‘We can do the work’ but Trades NL says it’s not safe to assume Bay Du Nord will bring construction work to N.L.
- ‘Cool your jets,’ N.L. industry minister says to Tory opposition over claim Bay du Nord FPSO construction will be done out of province
- As Equinor advances Bay du Nord, worried labour group launches ‘Build Right Here’ campaign
- Equinor seeking expressions of interest in relation to Bay du Nord project
- Darin King: Bay du Nord could make Newfoundland and Labrador a global player
- Trades NL Launches Build Right Here Campaign
- Trades NL Calls for Increased Local Work Opportunities With Bay du Nord
- Packed Placentia trade show symbolic of renewed confidence as oil project nears restart
- Hibernia’s 25th Anniversary: Trades NL Celebrates World Class Construction Achievements of its members – looking to emulate same success with Bay du Nord
- Trades NL, Global Industry Leaders attend Norway’s 2022 Offshore Northern Seas Conference
- Demand Pickup Drives Restart of Canada East Coast Oil Projects
- Bay du Nord preparations at ‘full speed,’ Energy N.L. delegates told as conference wraps up
Attending the ONS Conference in Stavanger, Norway
Darin King, Executive Director, Trades NL
Tom Woodford, President, Trades NL
Bob Fiander, VP, Trades NL
John Leonard, Business Manager, BAC Local 1