Investing in Our Future
Post-Secondary Entrance Scholarship
2018 Post Secondary Scholarships
Trades NL understand that education is important to our members and their families, which is why each year we offer a number of opportunities to support them financially.
This year, five (5) $2,000 university/trades scholarships will be awarded to a dependent of a Trades NL Member.
- Must be a dependent of a member of one of the 16 NL Building Trades Unions;
- A dependent would include a child, grandchild, or partner;
- A resident of Newfoundland & Labrador;
- Completed high school; and
- Enrolled full-time for the Fall 2018 academic term at a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 2018 Trades NL Post-Secondary Scholarship application form;
- Official high school transcript of your final year marks;
- Acceptance letter or enrollment confirmation from post-secondary institution;
- Two (2) letters of reference; and
- 250 words essay on one (1) of the following topics: (essays will be printed)
- The impact that being a dependent of a trades union member has had on the applicant’s life
- The importance of trade union principles
Note: essays may be used by Trades NL for newsletters, advertising and digital media
Submit completed applications to: 80 Mews Place, St. John’s, NL, A1B 4M3 or email: email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications is September 30, 2018